John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have replaced my 5740 printer cartridges. I printed color

Customer Question

I have replaced my 5740 printer cartridges. I printed color a copy to test but it prints b/w "printing single cartridge more." What do I do to be have both color and b/w. #2 question: how do I find out how much ink I have left in my cartridges?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: HP 5740
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: last night my printing was mostly pink. I 've been trying to figure out how if I needed to replace both cartridges or just one. Out of frustration, I finally just replaced both a few minutes ago. Ran a test copy and that is when this single cartridge mode popped up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. W

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.