John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Unable to get D1120 scanner to work with Windows 10. The

Customer Question

Hi Pearl: Unable to get D1120 scanner to work with Windows 10. The scanner worked fine on Windows 8.1 but I had to get a new computer and it only had Win 10. Help would be appreciated.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It's an Imageclass D1120, about 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm using a PC running Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue since I got my new computer with Win 10.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The network printer function works fine. Only the scanner is not working. It worked on Win 8.1.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, printers and scanners. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give me just a moment to research and find out if there is driver for this scanner for Windows 10.

You will need updated software drivers now that you have upgraded to Windows 10. Please uninstall the current software for the Canon D1120. After uninstalling, please reboot your computer and click on the link below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-d1120.

Please note that there are two files there that you will need to download and install.

After you have successfully installed them the scanner should work properly.

If you aren't comfortable doing this, I can

I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, I'll continue working with you here to help you get this done.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already downloaded and installed the latest Canon win 10 drivers for the printer which is working normally. Toolbox 4.9 driver for Win 10 also downloaded and installed. I contacted you because I'm baffled. There are blogs on this issue and no answers

Thank you for that information. Did you uninstall the existing software after upgrading to Windows 10, before downloading and installing the most recent software?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Need you to contact me via email at***@******.***

Did you uninstall the existing software after the upgrade to Windows 10, before downloading and installing the new software? Are you connected via usb or wirelessly? I have read the reports. It seems that a workaround for some people has been to download the Windows scanning app from the APP store. Please give that a try as it seems that the problem is with the Toolbox software. Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had to get a new computer and it came only with win 10, no choice. My D1120 was fully functional with previous computer running Win 8.1. New computer is one week old and I've spent at least 3 hours trying to get the scanner (via USB) to work.

I understand that this is very frustrating for you. Please give this a try:

A workaround for some people has been to download the Windows scanning app from the APP store. Please give that a try as it seems that the problem is with the Toolbox software. Please let me know the results.

I am terribly sorry but the payment for secure remote assistance did not go through. Often this is because your bank sees a second charge from the same company on the same day and suspects possible fraud. A phone call reassuring them that this is a legitimate transaction should fix the issue, or you can just choose to use a different card.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Service via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help if you need their help.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I updated the payment information, but the information I previously entered was correct.

Here is a direct link to the Microsoft Scan App from the Microsoft store. There is an excellent chance that you will be able to scan with this app.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfj3pv

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know what is going on with the credit card. I don't have another option. I have downloaded and started the windows scanner app and it has so far done nothing useful except for the twirling thingy.

I am so sorry. I wish that I could help with the card problem, but I don't have access to billing info. I can only see messages indicating that I do or not have the go ahead to perform the service. Please contact customer service at 1-***-***-**** or via email at***@******.***.