TechnicalByte
TechnicalByte,
93584285

This is an Epson Stylus Photo RX500. When I attempt to

Customer Question

This is an Epson Stylus Photo RX500. When I attempt to print, a window comes up that it will not print as it needs maintenance. In the book, there is nothing on maintenance. So how or what needs to be done for maintenance? Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Possibly about 10 years, and since I am doing this away from the printer, I am unable to give the exact model, except what I wrote.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: The computer is a PC and the operating system is Windows 95??
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been not printing for months....and prior to that all was well with no other problems
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  TechnicalByte replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

We can try to get a true message. Need maintenance could be anything without a code.

Turn off printer, unplug, hold down power button for 60 seconds. Plug it back in and turn on

and try to print a test page. If you get an error again; put that exact message here and we will

continue. Please do not rate until we can get to a resolution if hard reset doesnt help.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin