Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My MG5220 printer has stopped working and a message says

Customer Question
"printer error has occurred. Unplug...
My MG5220 printer has stopped working and a message says "printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center"
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: It is a Canon Mg5220
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened yesterday. I was getting an airline ticket printed.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/16/2016
Technician: TechnicalByte,
 replied 1 year ago
TechnicalByte

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: TechnicalByte,
 replied 1 year ago

This could be many things. Is there a number/error with the message.

Turn off the printer.
Press and hold the resume button and click and hold the power button.
While continuing to hold the power button, release the resume button.
Still holding the power button, click the resume button 2 more times.
Release both buttons.
Click the resume button 4 more times.
Turn the power off then on.

Go to computer and print a test page. Tell me if there is an error or if it cleared out.

If there is an error, please respond with the exact message to continue before rating.

If the printer resets and clears, just rate to close the question out with the stars at the top.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a resume button on the printer, Just a stop and start buttons.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks. I'll work on it some more myself.
Technician: TechnicalByte,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay, then we will hard boot it.

Turn off the printer. Unplug it. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

Then plug it back in, and turn printer on. (this is a normal message to 'reset' stuck

errors)

Then tell me if it gives you an error when you print a test page. Go to your devices/printers

on your computer. Select the printer, right click on it and click printer properties. then click test page.

(if you see an automated pop up for remote support, that is from the system. please ignore and we can

continue written)

TechnicalByte
TechnicalByte
TechnicalByte