John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer Error - Check your documentation, EPSON WORKFORCE

Customer Question

Printer Error - Check your documentation
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: EPSON WORKFORCE 520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: MAYBE A MONTH DON'T REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE ONE OF MY CHILDREN WAS USING THE COMPUTER
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: WILL TRY TONIGHT HEADING TO WORK. THANK YOU WILL CONNECT LATER
Category: Printers
Expert:  TechnicalByte replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

We will have to make sure it is a true error and the message isnt stuck.

1. Turn printer unit ON
  2. Pull the power plug from the back side of it
  3. Wait 1 min
  4. Plug unit back in
  5. Wait 3 full minutes
  6. Try to print.

If it is still saying this message;

Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off. While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway. Turn the printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries.

There could also be a print/ink error or driver and need to readd the printer to your network after clearing it out.

Are you using USB or wifi?

~Franklin