Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My dymo will not print landscape

Customer Question
My dymo will not print landscape
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/14/2016
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there. My name is***** see that you've been waiting for quite some time for help. I'm sorry about that. I will do my best to help. In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what version of the Dymo software you are using and the model number of your Dymo. I also need to know the operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

After we've made sure that you have the most recent version of the Dymo software for your particular Dymo and computer, if you continue to have issues, we will need to check settings in the system Print dialog on your computer. You'll need to turn off any scaling, flipping and rotation you can find.and set. Presets to Default settings.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have installed the latest software 8.6 and i have windows 7. It is on the default, but I have to select the labels I want to print each time and select landscape when I want to print but it still prints them the wrong direction. What is weird is this used to work and I have printed these before (they are amazon labels) and I didn't change anything! I also installed all of the latest drivers so I am stumped on this one. I can usually fix myself but this one has got me.

Wow! I'm sorry but you've got me too. I'm going to opt out in the hope that another expert has seen this lately and can help you. Have a great evening!

Technician: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you from here on.

That sounds really odd, may I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? It also is a safe option because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB and you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no thank you - I have been charged $21.00 already and my problem has not been solved.
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant

label printers are a bit strange. the normal landscape portrait dont work the same way as on a regular printer.

you would usually have to go into the device settings

devices and printers / right click on the printer / select PRINTER PROPERTIES

and that will say what direction the labels will print and the size of the labels and the size you want printed on them etc.

What might be easier is if it worked recently you can try doing a system restore to when it was working and that might put it back the way it was.

System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10

hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type

rstrui.exe

hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Robert M., Consultant