Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I recently updated my MAC and now my Epson Stylus NX 510 is

Customer Question

I recently updated my MAC and now my Epson Stylus NX 510 is not supported.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Stylus NX 510, probably 10 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC and latest operating system.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened after the update was finished
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The pop up window says "You can't use this version of the application "EPSON SCAN" with this version of mac OS (have EPSON scan 3.7.1)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. We need to update the drivers for the printer and scanner. Please trash the Epson item in Applications, if possible. Then click on the Epson website below:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-NX510/s/SPT_C11CA48201

, then there, download and install the item Printer Driver

, next, click on Drivers, then download and install the Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.7.6.0

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I followed the directions and the scanner still does not respond. There is a question mark over the scanner in the dock.

I'm sorry. Is it still able to print?

Does it show the Epson Scan version 3.7.1 or 3.7.6 now?

What's the full error or message now?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The scanner in the dock has a question mark over it. No error message, will not let me open in from the dock. When I open it in system preferences, it will scan.

1. Click on the EPSON Scan icon on the Dock, then click on the EPSON Scan menu at the top if available, then click on option Quit...

2. Then right-click (or Control + click) on the Epson Scan icon on the Dock, then select the item Options, then uncheck the option Keep in Dock for now.

3. Next, open Finder, then open Applications, then open Epson Software, then open EPSON Scan folder / application and see if you can scan.

Please let me know. Thank you,

If needed, open Finder, then open Applications, then open the Image Capture application, then can you scan with it the Image Capture application?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,