crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Error code: 0x91, Yes. It's an Epson Workforce Pro 4640, PC

Customer Question

Error code: 0x91
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Yes. It's an Epson Workforce Pro 4640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened a couple of weeks ago and the printer has been unusable since. I haven't had time to try to fix it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please open any lids on the printer and look for any paper jams.

If you see a jam, please remove the paper. If you do not see a jam, please close the lid(s) then power off the printer.

Unplug the printer from the wall outlet then wait 1 minute.

Plug in the printer and power on the printer then wait another minute.

Check to see if the issue continues.

If the issue continues, please reply back here otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No paper jam. Powering off, leaving for a minute and powering on again produces the same error message.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got it just under two years ago.

Thank you for confirming. The printer is outside of the warranty phase so it cannot be repaired under warranty by Epson.

It can be fixed but it is not worthwhile to doing so. At a minimum, you will have to replace the scanner assembly, which costs about $150 and the pricing only goes upward. For $100-200 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a 1 year warranty.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.