Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My scanner will not talk to the computer it tells me no

Customer Question
network connection JA: What's the make/model...
my scanner will not talk to the computer it tells me no network connection
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson Workforce 610 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It worked 1 day after installing it.. and now it wont. I can print from pc but can not scan to my pc
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have updated the drivers ( I think) I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing helped
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/12/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is connected by USB cable.

Can you open the program called EPSON Scan Settings on your computer, then make sure it is set to Local option, then click OK at the bottom

, then open the EPSON Scan program on the computer, then see if you can scan with that program?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is on local but Epson scan will not open

What's the error or message when opening the Epson Scan program?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No error it just acts like it don't want to work...

Can you remove / uninstall only the EPSON Scan program (do not uninstall anything else), then I'll give you a link to download / install the latest EPSON Scan program. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This printer scanner worked fine on my window 7 I will try.to uninstall
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok it said it uninstalled.

OK, so you should not see the EPSON Scan on the computer for now.

- Next, click on the EPSON website below:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-610/s/SPT_C11CA50201

, then there, click on the word Drivers

, then scroll down, then download and install only the item Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.76

, then open EPSON Scan program and scan and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my computer restarted I could not get to the link...can u put it up again

Here it is again:

, then there, click on the word Drivers

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will not do anything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It starts to open then just goes away.

Do you mean when you open the Epson Scan program, it does not open?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I click on the short cut it won't either. like I said it starts to bring up the Epson scan page but then it just goes away.

I'm sorry; I'm researching. Please give me a couple more minutes. Thank you,

Please download / install the file naps2-5.3.2-setupp at the website below:
http://wikisend.com/download/614650/
, then open the NAPS to program, then see if you can scan with it.
Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My security told me that was not safe to down load.....Forget it....!!!!!!!!!! Tired of this crap.... I will go buy another all in one that will work with the windows 10 guess I shouldn't of upgraded my old pc. .I will uninstall all this junk and start over .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You for your time...why can't anything be plug n play.. without all the other setup crap.

I'm sorry. It could be a compatibility issue. I've been using that program to scan and it's working great. Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix the scanning issue directly for you? Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't want you to connect.... I will figure it out.. Thanks

Can you try the NAPS2 program for scanning? Reference:

sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

Thank you,

John, Computer Science Engineer