John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Can't print from my laptop to my printer since upgrading to

Customer Question

can't print from my laptop to my printer since upgrading to 8.1
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a MFC-J430W and it is about 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC 8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since going from 8.0 to 8.1
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when printing?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't print to my wireless MFCJ430w printer from my laptop (Toshiba) OS 8.1
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NO

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is easier and quicker for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. And wireless printing issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

- When you print, what exactly happens? Does it show your printer name (in the list of all printers) at the print dialog window?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already spent 18.00 I don't give remote control! Julie

How about direct remote support with a small amount as shown? We guarantee our service. Thank you,

What's the status of the menu WLAN / Network / Wi-Fi option on the printer?
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we guarantee our service. Thank you,