Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My epson xp 220 wont recognize the ink cartridges thanks,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl , My epson xp 220 wont recognize the ink cartridges thanks Dan
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its approx 12 months old , and is an xp-220 model. the ink cartridges are brand new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac and sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the printer said it was out of cyan ink so it was replaced , prior to that all was working fine
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartridge seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them. Make sure that you are using compatible cartridges.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HiCustomer, thank you for your assistance . Unfortunately , I did as suggested and it still won't work.
I can't get a " insert cartridges" message . I removed and cleaned each cartridge and turned off as suggested but no success.
Do you have any other advice?
Thanks
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Are you sure that you are using genuine Epson cartridges? Make sure that you are using model, 220 or 220 XL cartridges.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HiCustomer,
Yes using genuine Epson cartridges
Any other help would be fantastic
Regards
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

May I know the exact error message you get when you insert the cartridges?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HiCustomer
No error message pops up
The red light for ink flashes on the printer
When I got into utilities under the printer icon on my computer it comes up with "ink cartridges not recognised"
Thanks
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Are you able to clean the printhead and align the cartridges using the printer control panel?

Old cartridges works fine?

Thank you.

S H E F I N