John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

XP-420 will not scan (pdf) to my pc. Have Wi-Fi lit and a

Customer Question

XP-420 will not scan (pdf) to my pc. Have Wi-Fi lit and a USB cable plugged in. Printing is no problem.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Label on the backside says: Model C462N. Serial #UD8P340340. I purchased about a year ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Current Windows. Can't remember where to find exact because I usually use a Mac.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Never used this combo before. It is a spare computer/printer. So I have never fully used everything.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It does print wirelessly if that makes a difference.
Category: Printers
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 8 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

You cannot scan documents to PC, is this your concern?