John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

WHERE IS THE CONTROL PANEL? WHERE IS THE BUTTON TO SQUEEZE?

Customer Question

JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: BRAND NEW. MODEL XP-330-430/ZP-434
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: DELL PC WINDOWS 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i JUST RECEIVED THE PRINTER AS A PRESENT YESTERDAY. I'M TRYING TO GET IT UP AND RUNING. STEP 2 OF INSTRUCTION SAYS NOT TO LOWER THE CONTROL PANEL WITHOUT SQUEEZING THE RELEASE BAR UNDERNEATH OR YOU COULD DAMAGE PRODUCT, THERE FOR QUESTION WHERE IS CONTROL PANEL AND BAR
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE START BUTTON DOES NOT TURN ON THE PRINTER?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I don't think the START button is a power button. It is meant to be used to e.g. start a photocopy running, once the Epson printer is actually turned On.

Look for the On/Off button, or a power switch, to power On the printer, instead.

Power switches are usually near where the power cord goes into the printer.

On/Off buttons are usually large and prominently labeled as such, if they are on the control panel of the printer.

As for where the control panel of the printer is: it's the array of buttons, and the display, on the front upper surface.

But in this case, for your model of printer, the control panel is basically the upper part of the front side. Lowering the control panel... you just need not to force it downward, is what that instruction means. There is a release catch under its lower edge... when it has been raised. Since you just received yours, it probably has not been raised, so that does not apply. "Raised' means, tilted upward so that it's less on-the-front-of-the-machine, and more like on the upper front corner facing upward and forward both.