John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My hard drive died and I lost my brother printer functions.

Customer Question

my hard drive died and I lost my brother printer functions. When I reinstalled the cd disc I follow the guides in the disc. However, the fax still doesn't work, although the scan and copy funcitons do. There is a direction in the princer that say go to the next step. I do not understand what to do. Ralph Karst MFC 8890DW TN620 AND 650. Can you help me?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I've had it maybe 3 years or so. The model # is There are severl numbers and letters on the labEL. Which one? SN CMAC MTA OR WAN?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: All of a sudden about a week ago, my hard drive died and the computer shop technician told me I needed to put the brother cd into your computer to restore its functions. Which is what I did. Now I need the fax function and I get the message I previously told you about.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what do you mean by connect me? do you want to enter my computer and/or brother ? That's fine. Let me know what I have to do
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Do you used to fax using your PC, because you can directly fax from your printer if you have a phone connection connected with the printer?