crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

My MG3520 was scanning fine and does not scan now when even

Customer Question

My MG3520 was scanning fine and does not scan now when even plugged to my computer before it was wireless
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Cannon MG3520 and possibly 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Laptop PC Dell
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1 day like just today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it will copy but this just came up this morning
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

Do you receive any specific error message?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do it says scan gear cannot communicate with scanner scanner is turned off I if using wireless and also a code 5–15 7–69

Thank you for confirming.

Would I be able to connect to your computer to view and fix the issue?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't need you to connect to my computer for $39 I can go buy another printer for what I'm spending just about there

That is an auto-generated offer. I am sending you a lowering offer for your issue

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There has been no help on this issue but to spend money I will have to decline this support charges I just wanted my printer to work and that is not happening

Okay, no problem. I can help you via this chatbox instead.

Click here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg3520

Scroll down to MG3500 series full drive and Software package and click on Select

Click on the "I have read" box and select DOWNLOAD

After the download is complete, please run the downloaded program to install. The new software may prompt you to setup your printer again but it will install the latest drivers to fix the issue.

Please let me know if that does not work for you otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.