Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Printer tray will not go in all the way, HP Officejet Pro

Customer Question

Printer tray will not go in all the way
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Officejet Pro 8625
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just now. I have been printing other docs most of the day. Just added different paper
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Never mind. I found the solution while I was waiting. Please refund my $5.00,
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. I have a similar HP printer, the OffficeJet Pro 8600, and I have had the same problem from time to time. The problem is that the surface that i is resting on is not solid and flat. Because the tray slot is open on the bottom of the printer, if the surface it is resting on bends or deforms in any way, it interferes with the cassette tray. If you unweight the printer or slide it forward so that the tray overhangs the surface, it will allow you to lide the tray all the way in.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!