Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Very poor quality printing - colors fade from one side of an

Customer Question

very poor quality printing - colors fade from one side of an Excel cell to the other
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: MFC 9125 CN
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Macbook Pro
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No it's its been degrading for a while
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Poor quality print out from a laser printer can cause due to three things, defective drum, defective or low toner cartridge or defective fuser unit. Now, if you are not getting an error message or indication on the printer then, the drum can be defective. Try to remove the drum and toner cartridge and shake the cartridge to evenly distribute the toner inside it and then, replace and check the result. If the problem persists then, you can use the green tab to on them to clean the corona wire. If you still face the same problem then, it will be best to replace the toner cartridge and drum unit together.

If you have recently replaced them then, it the fuser unit which is defective and in that case, there is no option left except sending the printer for repair, because you cannot replace the fuser unit at home.Let me know, if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.