John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have lost the disk and cannot get my computer to send

Customer Question

I have lost the disk and cannot get my computer to send print work to the printer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hp CN32PMWQ 3510
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC I think. It is a Toshiba.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My daughter removed my printer and put her's on it. It has been months before I could use it and the printer doesn't show up as a printer linked to this PC
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to be able to print from my computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  babyxdeja replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 9 months ago.

Dear Client,

the previous expert opted out from your quetion. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

As recommend by the previous expert, a remote-connection would be needed to analyze what is going on with your computer and printer, otherwise no one will be able to really help you, I think. So can I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is an optional service with a one-time flat fee, regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume it at any time, without additional costs. It also is safe, as you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. I apologize for the previous experts refusal to help you without a remote connection. It is not necessary at all and should only be recommended as a convenience to the customer. I can give you detailed instructions for how to get your daughter's printer to your computer.

Is your printer an HP Deskjet 3510? What is your computer operating system?