John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP OfficeJet4650 is on with a blinking blue light and my

Customer Question

my HP OfficeJet4650 is on with a blinking blue light and my system doesn't recognize that it is on.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it this past June and the serial number is ***** Also FIU F1496-6409
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since last week. The cable people put in a new modem and the next day the printer went off line according to my wikfi system.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but I don't want to be connected to someone in South Asia who will try to sell me a new printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would remote access help ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Can you tell me specifically which light you're referring to?
Remote would not help at this point just yet.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is a blue that normally is on and not blinking when the printer is turned on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

I believe you are referring to the wifi light to the right of the display screen.

That is flashing because it has lost its wifi connection.

You'll need to go into the printer menu under setup and then network/wifi and reconnect to your home network.

Then try a test print from the computer and if it still does not work we'll have to do a few things on the computer as well.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I need to remove the device and then reinstall?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Possibly yes, that is what I was referring to.

But that will not do any good until you fix the issue on the printer itself. Please do that first.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am unable to reinstall my printer because it calls for information I do not have. I am not satisfied with the result and am very dissatisfied with HP's lack of service.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

You did not need to uninstall or reinstall in the first place, as I was suggesting you simply reconnect on the printer itself and then test. Did you do that/

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.