Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My PIXMA 5200 has stopped printing the PGBK I've cleaned the

Customer Question

My PIXMA 5200 has stopped printing the PGBK I've cleaned the print head in water, dried it and still no go
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I can't see you any more if I do that !
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: PIXMA 5250 and probably 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Both
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Both Mac and PC have been working fine. The PGBK started getting light then stopped so I replaced the ink cartridge - no difference. Bought a new cartridge - no difference. Washed the print head, dried and replaced and still no go
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only the CMYK panels work on the print check pattern - there are no black hatchings on the top
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If cleaning the printhead did not help, then it may have a severe blockage or is wearing out.

The printhead will need to be replaced.