John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I got a new Acer Laptop yesterday with windows 10. I have

Customer Question

Hi John... I got a new Acer Laptop yesterday with windows 10. I have downloaded from your website the drivers for my Workforce 840 Printer/scanner.fax etc. It keeps telling me I have an error and will not complete the installation. My new laptop does not have a CD slot so I have to download from your website. Can you help me? My name is Dan.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is an Epson Workforce 840 and is about 3 to 4 years old. It was working just fine on my Window 7 computer. My girlfriend has a 6 month old Laptop with a CD slot and we loaded it on hers and it works fine.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Not a Mac, it's a PC. Running either Firefox right now
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I ust got the new laptop yesterday so it will not load since I got the new Laptop yesterday. Pior to that it was fine on my old lap top with window 7 and Firefox.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, other than I run a business out of my home and I desperately need my printer and scanner to operate ASAP>
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Was the printer plugged in to your computer when you started to install the software?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No connecting wireless
Expert:  dukey01 replied 8 months ago.

Start the installation with the printer plugged in to your computer. You'll be asked during setup what kind of

connection you'll be using. Specify wireless and at the end when it's finished you'll disconnect the USB cable.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll try that but I need to find a USB cable to do so. I may not be able to get that done today so please keep my case open uintil I can try and then get back to you.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 8 months ago.

Certainly. These questions don't close. You'll have JustAnswer email in your inbox saying Byron has responded to your question

In the body of the email is and orange box that says View Response. Clicking that will return you to this page.

Expert:  dukey01 replied 8 months ago.

In the meantime, go here:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-840/s/SPT_C11CA97201

and download the latest Epson software package for the printer.

When you get the cable, don't immediately plug the printer in to your computer.

The software will ask what type of connection you'll be using, select Wireless and continue.

You'll be asked your setup method. Select Temporary USB Connection and continue.

You'll come to a screen asking you to plug in the USB cable. That's when you plug it in.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Again Byron... I followed your suggestion and plugged the printer in using a USB cable. Still no success. It still is showing an error and I don't believe my computer or printer are recognizing the print driver for Window 10 that Epson has in their website.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Can we do a screen sharing session and I can connect and set this up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bryon... What I pay the $15 and you cannot fix the issue. Is this fee refundable?Dan
Expert:  dukey01 replied 8 months ago.

Hi Dan. It's refundable if I can't get it working.