TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

Ive been using the backs of already printed paper and after

Customer Question

Hi Ive been using the backs of already printed paper and after awhile it refuses to pick up anymore paper saying theres "no Paper"
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2-3 years old and mfc7460
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC not sure of thye operating system.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It only happens when I use already used paper. which has been a thousand copies over a month
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. dont think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris8472 replied 10 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Can you give me the serial number please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
U62701D3N406836
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I try to trick it by putting some freah unprinted paper in the tray on top of the preprinted ones it will stop at the end of the clean ones and say "no paper"
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. The problem is that your printer is not designed to re-use paper. While it may work when your printer is new, it is really not designed to work that way. Dust, paper fiber, and other debris accumulate on the pick rollers over time and tend to cause paper feed issues. Additionally, when you run paper through to print on it, it accumulates dust, paper fiber, and debris. . The edges of paper that has already been printed on tend to curl ever so slightly, enough to prevent the paper from feeding into the printer properly.

You may be able to purchase a replacement roller kit if you'd like it to work like it did when it was new, but to be hones, re-using paper is a bad practice. You should only do it when you have a real need to print two-sided pages.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating.

If you would like for me to check into a replacement roller kit, please let me know and I will do so. Have a great day!