Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Hard drive replaced in computer require driver updates for

Customer Question
pixma mg5150 series printer JA: Can...
Hard drive replaced in computer require driver updates for pixma mg5150 series printer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: Printer 2014. I download driver updates for windows 10 13.12.15
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Computer is HP Pavilion desktop running windows 10.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Telstra,s modem caused corruption end of October. New Fast Hard Drive fitted in computer but all canon programs could not be transferred. Telstra has replaced & upgraded the modem
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: A crystal Ball would be helpfull
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/4/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the Canon website below:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5150.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-984101&os=Windows%2010%20(64-bit)&language=EN

, then there, click on Download to download the MG5100 series MP Driver...

, then open / run / install it, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Note: If you cannot download at the above website, then click on the new website below:

http://tinyurl.com/zsae975

, then save the item mp68-win-mg5100-1_02-ea24 when prompted (usually shown at the bottom)

; (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the computer's keyboard in order to see the download window.)

, then once the download is done, then open the download file mp68-win-mg5100-1_02-ea24 and run / install it, and check.

- Also, if you need the scanning program, then download and install the MP Navigator EX software at the website below:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5150.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-1189495

, but test printing first before testing scanning.

- Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step. Also, if you'd like to, I can also connect remotely to your computer and fix your printer issue directly through your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.canon.com.au/printers/pixma-mg5760/support?option=drivers

, then scroll down, then click on the down arrow icon on the right of the item MG5700 series Full Driver & Software Package

, then scroll down a bit, then check the box in front of "I have read and agree to the terms..."

, then click on Download below it in order to download and install the printer's driver / software and check. That should work.

- Note: If you cannot download at the above website, then click on the new website below:

http://tinyurl.com/hpx6k6h

, then save the item m68n-win-mg5700-1_00-ea34_2 when prompted (usually shown at the bottom)

, then once the download is done, then open the download file m68n-win-mg5700-1_00-ea34_2 and run / install it, and check.

Sorry, please ignore my last reply; that was a wrong post for another question / issue. Thank you,

Here is the summary of the solution:

Solution #1:

- Please click on the Canon website below:

, then open / run / install it, and check printing. That should work.

- Also, if you need the scanning program, then download and install the MP Navigator EX software at the website below, then use the MP Navigator EX program for scanning.

Solution #2:

- If there is issue with the first website link above, then click on the new website below:

http://tinyurl.com/zsae975

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician