John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a IPF 8400 printer ........it is wonderful. I need a

Customer Question

I have a IPF 8400 printer ........it is wonderful. I need a sheet feeder that will accept 11 x 17 and 12 x 18 paper with the same color quality output as the 8400. I do a large volume of printing in these sizes. Your recommedation?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: CANON IPF 8400 , LESS THAN ONE YEAR.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 8 I use Photoshop.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: There is no problem with the current 8400, I just need a sheet printer that will give me the same color quality. I have tried a couple laser copiers, but have had major color mismatch issues or banding issues from the fuser that no tech can get resolved.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just needs to handle up to 500 plus sheets per day of various images ....
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris8472 replied 11 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Can you give me the serial number of the printer?