Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a samsung clp-315w and I haven't used it in a while

Customer Question
Hi I have a samsung...
Hi I have a samsung clp-315w and I haven't used it in a while but have got it out and set it up. The red light is solid, I have new cartridges in and I've clean out the toner waste container, it wont let me print a test page. I have no idea whats wrong
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no and no maybe under 8 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc and windows lastest
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I only just set it up this morning
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
11/3/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, a lighted red stat6usd LED almost always indicatre an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Still, have you re-checked the doors/covers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Louie, I have checked everything and got new cartridges and also cleaned out the toner waste container. I would prefer to do a diy repair if I can
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's a solid red light. I have randomly printed a test page from printer and from computer but its random, it wont print any now

Have you installed the Smart Panel Utility in your computer?

This is a diagnostic program for the CLP-310 series and it would point to the most likely error / part thgat has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also the blue and magenta toners have a slight light on even though i've replaced them with new cartridges
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No how do I do that

Post back how things turned up and/or should additional information be needed.

Please click HERE for Samsung's Smart Panel Utility.

Louie, Technician