Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I just replaced all of the ink cartridges and my printer

Customer Question

Hi I just replaced all of the ink cartridges and my printer still won't print. The printer has been sitting up for awhile and not in use
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: hp officejet pro 8500
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc window's 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was just out of ink and printing fine before that. i have moved and in the process of renovating and I am just getting my office back up and running so i haven't been using it to print for about 6 months or so
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to few reasons, one if the cartridge is empty, if the printhead is clogged, if the printhead is defective. Now, as you have replaced the cartridge and still facing the problem then, it means either the printhead is clogged or defective. In case of clogging, you can first try the inbuilt printhead cleaning process and if that do not solve the problem then, you have to flush the print head manually.

Please open the link below then, read all the steps carefully and skip those, which you have done already and try those, which you have not done.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500-All-in-One-Printer-series---A9/3752454/model/3752455/document/c01980797/

Now, if the problem persists then, you have to remove the printhead and flush it. You can use the steps from the link below to remove the printhead and cartridges, after that use a cotton swab and distilled water to clean the nozzles of the printhead and check the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv71N7nJCFg

If these two steps do not solve the problem then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. The printhead number is ***** 920 and you can get it from any online stores or local computer store. Try to search for various types, because in that way you can find a cheaper printhead. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.