John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have model MFC 495CW. It is attached to my new router via

Customer Question

Hi! I have model MFC 495CW. It is attached to my new router via usb but I cannot get it to read on my computer. i also have blue tooth on computer. Will this not work?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: probably 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc - Lenovo thinkpad. win 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got a new router Linksys MaxStream AC1900 and hooked it up 3 days ago. Before I had the printer hard linked to my computer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Would you like me to remote in your computer and work on this issue directly?

It will help me to understand the problem better and will give me a better insight on how to troubleshoot the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thank you

Can you go to control panel > then devices and printers > then click "Add a Printer"

Tell me if it finds your printer