John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have two Canon PIXMA IP 5000 printers that will not print

Customer Question

I have two Canon PIXMA IP 5000 printers that will not print color or black and white pictures/envelopes or anything. Papers/envelopes get pulled through the printer but no ink touches the paper. I have tried three different ink cartridge holders and have cleaned out and aligned all three and still get no ink coloring on the printers. Very frustating and I don't know what to do even though I've used Canon printers for a long time. Hope you can tell me what to try next. Jerry Dettmer(###) ###-####
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I don't know the printers age. I've used one for quite a while and have just recently used the 2nd one only a couple of days. Over the past several years I've used several others and I've never had a problem like these last two.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Not sure of the computer name...uses Windows Seven
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Approx 1 month. not aware of something happening right before this popped up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the only major problem I'm going through.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Jerry.

You said you changed the "holder", do you mean the printhead?