John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I get error code 97 when I try to print, this happen also

Customer Question

I get error code 97 when I try to print, this happen also when I try to copy from the glass.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson WF-3620
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 7, and as I said , it happens even if I'm just making a copy.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yesterday I was printing a manual of 76 pages using 2-side print and it stopped at the 72nd page with the error message and continues. When I attempt a copy it makes some shuffling noise then spits out a blank sheet of paper.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I check the entire path for jams or obstructions. I don't hear the sounds I normally hear when it's scanning to copy, just sound like it having trouble accessing the paper.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware issue and will almost certainly require service.

The only solution you can try is to reset your Epson Printer :

• unplug power at the wall outlet and wait 5 minutes
  • press and hold the power button for 60 seconds
  • keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If the problem persists, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service.

Let me know how the reset goes please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Did the printer have a one year or longer warranty?