WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

When I try to use my printer it keeps popping up with an

Customer Question

When I try to use my printer it keeps popping up with an error that says there is no paper loaded. The paper is in the printer and when it tries to print it makes a weird noise.
JA: What's the make and model of the printer?
Customer: Its a canon and it has MG2520 on it
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a windows pc. I'm not sure what you mean by operating system.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't used the printer in about a week and just today I was trying to print and I clicked the print button and then printer made a weird noise like paper was jammed or something then a message popped up that said no paper loaded.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that a light is blinking by a triangle symbol with what seems to be a zig zag line inside.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 11 months ago.

Does the printer only make sound when trying to print? Does it ever grab the paper?

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 11 months ago.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well ,especially where the paper picks up for the first time.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help so I can assist further.
Also, please rate my answer below so based on your satisfaction.
Thank you.