Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently refilled my ink cartridges and its still saying…

Customer Question
Hi, i recently refilled...

Hi, i recently refilled my ink cartridges and its still saying that they are empty. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Its a pixma 4200 and the cartridges are CLI-8

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Its only been about 2 hours the light in the printer are flashing like they do when they are empty and the warning window is popping up when I try and print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it, thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/31/2016
Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 1 year ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Unfortunately most printers have chips in the cartridges that tell the printer how much ink is left. Even though you refilled it you will need to reset the chip before the printer will recognize it.