Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Error Code 0x9D. Please advise.

Customer Question

Error Code 0x9D. Please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 8 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer to solve your printer issue. My name is***** me just a moment to review your inquiry and we will get started!

0x9D is a stuck ink carriage usually. Here are some steps to try.

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Open the door/scanner to expose the ink carriage.

3. When it moves to the left during post up stop it by pulling the power cable.

4. Move the carriage it all the way to the left, close the door/scanner and then power it up.

Let me know if you are still getting the error.

Did this resolve the issue? If not, please let me know!

If it did, please rate my answer in the top right hand corner with 5-STARS as this is how we receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. When I turn it off I can't open the cartridge cover since it is stopped by a tab. I am afraid of forcing it to the left so I can open the cover so I don't break it. It keeps telling me to change cartridges, even some that weren't ready to be changed. The only one left is Cyan, which I know I changed a while ago. I checked all the cartridges to make sure they are seated when I changed the Magenta. They are. Now I get the same error code saying to turn on and off the printer for the gazillionth time. Very frustrating.

I am about to step away. I don't want to keep you waiting so I am going to opt out and let another expert take over at no extra cost to you. Perhaps they would have a more in depth idea of what is going on, as well! Please stand by!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I managed to do all the things that Jenifer said to do by opening the top and powering it on and then pulling the plug when the cartridge case moved to the center. I reseated all the cartridges, closed the cartridge case lid and physically moved the carriage to the left, closed the top, and then plugged it back in, and got the same error message saying to turn on and off the printer again! Damn!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I checked for paper jams. All clean.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off. Movee the print head to the middle with your hand if it will not move by itself.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please