Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am unable to set the second tray for photo paper, MB2720

Customer Question

I am unable to set the second tray for photo paper
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MB2720 just purchased within the month
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Tried to pring photo but when I registerd second tray, it would only allow autoselect, not cassette 2, so i put the paper in Tray 1
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

This problem should be related to wrong printer settings and or a wrong / outdated driver. Would you mind if I´d take a look at your computer remotely to address this issue for you directly?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

I hope you are doing fine and I am looking forward to your feedback, so that I can help you to resolve the problem to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My company does not allow Pls email guidance on updating driver and the correct settings to***@******.***
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

have you tried setting the paper type from the printer itself on the menu on the printer?

that is the way it is usually done. At the printer you tell it what tray has what paper.

then when you print you say you are printing to photo paper and it will automatically select the tray that the printer know has photo paper.