Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Shows paper jam but can't find any paper after check all of

Customer Question
the steps JA: What's the exact...
shows paper jam but can't find any paper after check all of the steps
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: mfc-j6710Dw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: odw
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: microsoft
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: been this way for several days have unplugged and replugged back in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/30/2016
Technician: Tech_Buddy,
 replied 1 year ago
Tech_Buddy

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Technician: Tech_Buddy,
 replied 1 year ago

Try this this may solve your problem :-

Clean the eject rollers with a paper towel dampened with water. A second cleaning may be
necessary. The easiest way to do this (without fully disassembling the machine for full access
to the rollers) is:
For flatbed models- Lift open the control panel/ADF assy to access the exit area and eject
rollers. Hold the dampened paper towel against the rollers and make a blank copy. Clean the
rollers as they turn and remove the paper towel as the paper ejects. Repeat as necessary.
For sheetfeed models- Open the front and rear covers. Swing the rear chute cover down.
Remove the Document Base Assy (2 screws) to facilitate the side cover removal. Remove the
right side cover (2 screws). Remove the rear cover stopper (1 screw, squeeze the tabs on the
mounting clip). Remove the inner chute above the fuser (2 screws, do not lose the spring).
Wipe the eject rollers with the dampened paper towel. Reassemble in reverse order.
Now is a good time to also clean the paper pick up roller and feed rollers to prevent
feeding problems

John, Computer Science Engineer