John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

HP has changed my printer email address without notifying me

Customer Question

HP has changed my printer email address without notifying me or getting my permission. I do not want to have an "account" to manage my printer--just change the email address back to***@******.*** and do not do this again. Pam Stock
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it in 2011. Model 6600.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened yesterday--I tried to prin t something and my computer said the printer was not connected to the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No--just please change it back so I can print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Actually, your printer does not have an email address. If you are getting a message about a connection, it's a different problem that I can help fix.

Is your printer connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, or is it connected to a wireless network?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wireless network
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I thought I was connected to hp-now the charges keep going up-my printer does have an email address.

OK. Have you been able to check on the printer (not on the computer) that the printer is connected to your wireless network? This usually involves pressing the buttons on the printer to get to the NETWORK menu, and then selecting your wireless network, or verifying it's connected to your wireless network.

Also, I'm sending you an offer for remote support which includes phone support. This way I could directly connect to your computer and call you if necessary to fix this for you. It's much easier and more effective for this type of problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Refund my $5.00 and I will disconnect

No, we are not HP, and HP doesn't provide this type of support for free. We are a paid expert support site, and we fix problems with HP printers and many other brands. Also, your printer should not have an "email address". Is there a reason why you think it does, or think this is the cause of your problem?