John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

New printer. I, Epson XP-830. When I try to print a simple

Customer Question

New printer. I
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson XP-830. When I try to print a simple document, it wants to fax.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows XP (X64). Dell
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: New issue. Just got the printer today.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When printing something, at the print dialog window, can you check all the printer names in the list at the top, then click on the regular Epson printer (not the fax one) and print and check?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you able to set the default printer name you want on the computer?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly and quickly on your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,