Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Epson printer just says replace ink cartridges with the

Customer Question
pink cart showing. I have...
My Epson printer just says replace ink cartridges with the pink cart showing. I have replaced it I need to install and prime it how do I get passed this section
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson stylus NX420
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I replaced the all colors about 3 months ago then it said the black had to be done. I turned the printer off unplugged it. Then last week I bought the black need it for school and proceeded
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/29/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement.

• If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced, then select Proceed and follow the instructions on the screen.

• If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Let me know if that helps,

John, Computer Science Engineer