Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an MX860 printer scanner. All of a sudden, the

Customer Question
scanner does not work. The...
I have an MX860 printer scanner. All of a sudden, the scanner does not work. The prinyter is working fine. The scanner does not register as being on line
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MX860. Maybe 5 years old?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: prblem has occured a couple of days ago. No specific incident
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/29/2016
Technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a moment to review your question and we will get started.

If your printer is working and your scanner is not, you probably need to reinstall your driver.

You can do this by going to the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/yavaoon

Once it download, double click on it. Let it install. Follow directions.

Restart your computer. Unplug your printer for about a minute and plug it back in and turn it on.

Then, see if you can print.

If you cannot print, let me know and we will try something else.

If you can and the issue is fixed, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today!

Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

Were you still needing assistance?

Jennifer French
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician