Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can't get the scanner to work on my new CAnon PIXMA MG2920.

Customer Question
Can't get the scanner...

Can't get the scanner to work on my new CAnon PIXMA MG2920

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, it hasn't done it before, I just got it a couple weeks ago so it's brand new.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Printing from a Chromebook.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I tried to send info from a scanner app and nothing happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

That it's an ASUS Chromebook which I have trouble printing and scanning from, would like help and direction how to do both.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/28/2016
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 1 year ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Saved to favorites.

ok

Are you able to make scan directly from printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

how you are doing this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Using a scanner app from the Chromebook

No, i want you to check by pressing the copy function on printer..

Procedure:

1. Insert a document in scanner
  2. Press the Black/copy button on printer

Check it prints

Is your scanned document printed

Or

You got a blank page

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't find the scanned document after pressing the black button - where would it be & what would it be called?

Did you check the print function on chromebook?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you help me with the scanner ?

Also did you unboxed printer correctly?

Tell me how you have connected printer to chromebook

Is it via LAN / Wireless / USB

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Via wireless. I have been able to print from the Chromebook to the printer so yes , I unboxed it correctly.

ok

what's the printer ip address

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems like you already charged wee d my card for tree emote assistance so might as well do that.

Sorry, it shows payment failure for Remote Assistance

Can you do this way...

Connect printer using USB cable to Chromebook

Then try to scan

See it scans then

Is that done

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I find the IP address for the printer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I now have it hooked up to sub cable printer to Chromebook

Hope you have connected via USB cable and not LAN cable

If you are correct, open scan app on chromebook and scan a document

If it still can't find scanner, there is no way of adding scan function to chromebook

The scan function won't simply work like google cloud print

The manual says that there is no advanced features like scan to Email, Scan to computer functions

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you saying the scanner won't work from Christian ok e-book yt? O Canon MG2920 even though it's advertised as doing just that?

Yes as i know of for scan function..

Some are able to scan using the scan app by connecting printer USB cable to chromebook..

(Did you check this)

Click below link and see the features provided by this printer..

There is no extra feature like scan to cloud or email is there for this printer

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg2920

Click the Specification on above link to see printer feature

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent expert tech support ing ok for remote assistance and haven't received it.

Google Cloud print is supported by this printer that's why its working on chromebook..

So its not yours or mine but the printer model has no extra facility for Scan function rather using it on Windows/MAC platform..

Sorry, I haven't clicked on it... Also the payment for remote session shows failed

Are you still waiting for a remote session on your computer

Since i have no other option i will opt out

Thanks

Technician: jinsmn, Engineer replied 1 year ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

jinsmn
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer