Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Printer is online but every time I want to print it cannot

Customer Question

printer is online but every time I want to print it cannot as it states "printer offline"
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon mx 395
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc-windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Loads of trouble with fax which led me to press buttons radomly and now says "fax only"
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Otherwise machine is perfect
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer and your wifi router (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes then connect the power to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please