Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My canon mp160 alarm is going off with E2 & E7. The paper is

Customer Question

my canon mp160 alarm is going off with E2 & E7. The paper is in right and ink is in right. Followed manual to take out usb cable and turn off. problem still persist
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: never before 8 - 10 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC dell windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days the E kept flashing and I would press black and E would go away
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Do you still see the both error code on the printer ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Please disconnect the power cord from the printer for 10 mins. then, let me what happens ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same E2 & E7
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the update, as you are getting two error codes at the same time, it seems the problem is with either the sensors or the logic board of the printer, but two sensors cannot be defective at the same time. So, the problem is with the logic board and as the printer is almost 10 years old, it is impossible to get a replacement logic board and instead of replacing the logic board, it will be better to replace the printer, which will be a cheaper option. If you have not pressed the stop/reset button of the printer then, hold it down for few secs. and see if that make any difference. Let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.