John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

R began to print an old document and used up all the printer

Customer Question

r began to print an old document and used up all the printer paper in my basket. Finally X'd the printer and it stopped. since then I have been getting messages that i don't understand what to do. I am 84 years old and really have taken internet courses a while ago. I now consider myself a computer illiterate. CAN YOU HELP?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I't a lenovo and it's not very old 2-3 years?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Iwas getting strange messages about changes to my system - which I ignored because if I don't understand - I delete
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a crossloop with my son. Have not used it for a while. But when I tried the other day I could not get thru. He is an IT guru and has always helped. What else do you need?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N