John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP 2610 Photosmart printer and a Dell laptop.

Customer Question

I have an HP 2610 Photosmart printer and a Dell laptop. Since we installed a new Cisco router, I can no longer print from my laptop. I have tried installing new drives, I no longer have the HP disks. Can you help me? This has been driving me crazy for a couple months.
Category: Printers
Expert:  dukey01 replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. When you go the new router

your printer won't automatically connect to it. To get it back online you'll need to go through the configuration of the printer

again. Go here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-2600-All-in-One-Printer-series/391114/model/391116/drivers

click Go to see the software and driver results.

Download to your computer the HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Your printer will need to be close enough to your computer to connect it with a USB cable during setup.

Don't actually plug the printer in to the computer until the software asks you to.

You'll also need to have the wireless password ***** your new router handy as you will be asked

for it during the setup process.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Byron, I finally received the cable to connect the laptop with the printer and followed your directions and the directions on the link you provided. This did not work. ":Installation Failure" so I tried it again as was suggested to no avail. I would like a refund and do not wish to subscribe to Just Answer further. Please acknowledge the refund and unsubscribe. Thank You *****
Expert:  dukey01 replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I don't work in the department that handles these requests but I have forwarded your request

to them. You can also contact them at: 1.***-***-****