Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

The printer is fine. It is an all in one that I need to

Customer Question

The printer is fine. It is an all in one that I need to setup in Win 10 for scanning. Any suggestions? Is there software I need to download? It isn't recognized as an all in one
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a MX510 Sorry. And a couple of years old. I don't recall. Prints just fine And was fine scanning until I had to get a new computer...
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Win 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I went to scan for the first time today. Win 10 on this machine doesn't see it as a multi and I can't add it manually. MX510 Fax is the only option in the list
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of Thank you!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried the program called Scan on your Windows 10 computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx512?tab=drivers

, then there, click on Software, then scroll down, then click on SELECT on the right of the item MP Navigator EX, then check the box to agree, then click on DOWNLOAD in order to download and install the file called mpnx_5_1-win-5_1_1-ea23_2...

- Once installation is done, open the program MP Navigator EX and install it.

; (If you cannot download at the above website, then click on the website http://tinyurl.com/zop8k6w to download and install the file to download and install the file called mpnx_5_1-win-5_1_1-ea23_2.... Once installation is done, open the program MP Navigator EX and install it.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the info but I figured out what was wrong before your reply.

You're welcome. Great. I was waiting for you a couple of days ago, so I could help you quickly, but I'm glad you got it working now. By the way, did you see my reply at this web page previously? Did you have any trouble replying back to me at this web page previously?

Do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.