Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Samsung M2885FW. Recently it started to not respond

Customer Question
I have a Samsung M2885FW...
I have a Samsung M2885FW. Recently it started to not respond and the screen is blank. Nothing wakes it up except unplugging and replugging. Can you help me solve this crash?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: About a year old or so. M2885FW Multifunction.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Macbook Pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Sierra
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2016
Technician: Quiksilver07070,
 replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Technician: Quiksilver07070,
 replied 1 year ago

I suspect its your Mac OSX update to version 10.12 (Sierra) that is causing the issue.

.

You will need a new set of printer software that is compatible with Sierra, to resolve this issue.

.

So at this point you have 2 choices.

You can roll back to El Cap (version 10.11) or you can WAIT for Samsung to update the software, and add Sierra compatibility

.

What would you like to do?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is virtually impossible to go back to my previous OS. Are you referring to firmware? How can I get software that works, if for some reason Apple makes previous printer software non-functional? Also, I feed the printer from a
Windows 10 machine. The problem has not been 100% since I upgraded to Sierra.
Technician: Quiksilver07070,
 replied 1 year ago

You CAN roll back to yoru previous OSX version. but its not easy, and in some cases not possible. Just depends on if you have done atime machine backup whil on the Sieraa OSX version.

.

So, its not apples fault that Samsung did not develop the Sierra drivers.....its Samsungs fault.

.

Also, if you print FROM a Windows 10 machine, and the Mac isn't a part of the equation.......then, you need to get the Windows 10 drivers for the Samsung printer. I guess I'm confused now, as to why bring up the Mac, if you don't use it to print from???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Windows 10 PC which prints wirelessly to the Samsung. I have a Sierra machine which prints via cable. Both have worked fine for weeks. The problem is with the Samsung in that occasionally it won't wake up and pulling the plug and restating is the only way to wake it up. So I don't see how drivers or an operating system in one of my computers is the problem. Thanks anyway.
Technician: Quiksilver07070,
 replied 1 year ago

Now THAT is what I needed to understand the situation.

Thank you for describing it in more detail......and now I understand.

.

And your right its NOT the drivers of the OS.

It is the Samsung printer..

I do belive you can adjust the sleep feature for the printer.....by using the softare that came with the printer.

Basically its printer management software, that allows you to see th eink levels, and make settings changes to the printer.

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070