Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070,
63493917

I have an HP 6520 All in one series, Photosmart. I am

Customer Question

I have an HP 6520 All in one series, Photosmart. I am getting a message - Printer Failure OXc19a0042 - There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off and on. If you continue to get this message contact HP. It started a few days ago and when I turned printer off and on, it would work. Today, I can't get rid of the message. What can I do. I don't want to purchase a new printer at this time and hope to get this working.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 3-4 years old. Can't remember. HP 6520 should tell you what year??
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - Not sure what you mean by the OS ? Have word/xcel, etc.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened a few days ago and I turned on and off and it worked again. Today I can't get rid of the message and cannot print. how do I get rid of the message. I took cartridges out and put them back in. I can put in new cartridges if you think that will help?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like some help. I lost this screen and just found it again. Please give some advice
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not want to subscribe to a monthly service. I am just asking if you can help with my printer situation. Please respond to my question above on how to get rid of the message I am getting with my printer.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Have you replaced the ink cartridges?

Printers are delicate devices.

They dont last very long, especially if you use them alot, and neglect to do the routine maintenance.

.

It sounds like your printer is having some issues with the ink system.

.

Using a flashlight, remove the ink cartridges, and inspect the electrical contacts that make contact with the ink cartridge.

Make sure they are not covered with ink......youd be surprised how much ink gets thrown all over inside the printer.

.

Visually inspect....if you see alot of ink inside the printer.....then it may be time for a new one.

As I mentioned.....consumer printers dont last very long....they engineer them to fail after about 1-2 years.

.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no ink at the spot where the printer cartridge connects to the printer. What next?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I changed the cartridges and it is working ?? thanks.

Yeah.....it was probaly a failed ink cartridge.

Good to go now.

Please take a moment to rate .

Thank you!

Please take a moment to rate, at the top of the page choose 3 or more stars.

.

Thank You!

I did ask if you had changed the ink cartridges, as that would be the most likely resolution to the issue.

YOU said you changed them and it is working.

.

SO please take a moment to rate my suggestion, as it was the one that ultimately solved the issue.

Thank YOu!