John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

WOAH! This is amazing. I'm getting Filter Failed from my

Customer Question

WOAH! This is amazing. I'm getting Filter Failed from my MX870
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: maybe 5 years old and it worked a week ago but I changed settings to send a music file I think
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Macbook pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a few days since I sent the music notation
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean your computer is currently not able to print?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Was there any change or update recently to your computer or to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, ..., 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, etc.?

Does this issue occur when printing a document, a PDF file, a picture file, a webpage, an email message, etc.? Or is it not able to print anything at all?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,