Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a solid pink line on the edge of each page. some are

Customer Question
dark and other are really...
i have a solid pink line on the edge of each page. some are dark and other are really light
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: brother mfc-9320cw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just bought it and it has been like this since it got here
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/24/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This is usually the result of some internal packing materials that weren't removed, or an issue with the drum.

Open it up, remove the toner cartridges/drum unit, check it over inside for any bits of foam, packing tape, etc.

Then on the magenta/red drum, locate the little blue/green plastic tab, and slide it back and forth about 5 times, and give the magenta toner a few shakes side to side

replace the drum and toner assemblies, and do a test page, then let me know the results.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer