John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I do a hard restart? Canon MG6320. When printer

Customer Question

How do I do a hard restart? Canon MG6320. When printer freezes, I have to unplug for 10 seconds to clear the problem.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Freezes about once every 1-2 weeks ... age about 4 years ... been doing this since new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been an issue since new ... nothing "pops up" ... Operation Screen just freezes ...
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ... this will be great!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 12 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you know that the printer is the one that freezing? Is the printer doing it while copying without the computer?

Is the issue occur while printing from the computer? Do you see the computer screen that freezes while doing a print job?

Thank you.

S H E F I N