Thank you. Please try the following fix:
1. Disconnect printer's USB cable from computer for now.
2. Go to the Apple logo / menu -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners
3. There, click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.
4. Re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer.
5. Make sure the printer is powered on.
6. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, then it should detect your Canon printer, then select it and add it.
7. Then check printing.
- Yes, if needed, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,